Technology and Information Law
Formed in 1997 when the internet as we know it was still in its infancy, our Technology and Information Law team specialises in providing expert advice on all aspects of technology and information law.
This includes the often-complex commercial agreements relating to the use and development of technology and IT in your business and e-commerce issues.
Working with ambitious organisations from start-ups to multinationals, our technology and information law specialists balance technical legal expertise with in-depth industry insight and in-house experience to quickly identify issues and deliver commercially focused advice.
We are recognised by the leading independent legal directories ‘Chambers and Partners’ and ‘Legal 500’ for the excellence of our technology practice.
Our expertise includes everything from large-scale outsourcing and system supply projects through to website terms and conditions and methods for commercialising your technology.
Whether you are buying or selling IT products, developing, supporting or licensing IT, our lawyers work closely with your team to understand your business. We pride ourselves on delivering real value – understanding your business means we can deliver not just innovative legal advice but quick and efficient strategic business and operational support when it really matters most.
We act for a wide range of clients in the technology sector and these fall into several broad categories:
- IT Suppliers – developers and suppliers of software, hardware and related services
- IT Buyers – businesses, local authorities and schools acquiring software, hardware and related services
- Internet Businesses – businesses large and small, engaged in internet-based trading of goods or services, many of whom also operate in the “real world”
- Other Internet Users – businesses and schools who trade in the “real world” but have a non-trading presence on the internet
- Web Developers & other E-commerce Professionals – individuals and businesses providing internet related services to businesses, local authorities and schools